Total 2380articles, Now page is 1 / 119pages
|Subject||Quiz 20 Questions & Answers|
충남대/ 고급영문읽기/ Quiz/ 2012.04.10
Name: Student Number: Score: /20
I. [1-7] Write T(true) or F (false) by each statement. (each 1 points, 7x1=7 points)
1. At the end of the story, Rosaura feels closer to Senora Ines but distances herself from her mother.
2. Framton Nuttel has come to the countryside to rest because of his nervous breakdown.
3. The little girl in "The Little Match Girl" dies of pneumonia after being taken into the hospital.
4. The main character in "The Answer Is No" can be best described as an attractive, well-educated woman from a wealthy family.
5. When Butterfly Man invites Tolowim-Woman to come with him, she mounts his beautiful horse and rides with him to his home.
6. Because the rape committed by Badran Badawi was not widely publicized, she could find one of suitors and be contented.
7. Rosaura feels undaunted of the fact that her mother is a maid at Seňora Ines's house.
II. [8-16]Multiple choices (each 1 points, 9x1=9 points)
8. Rosaura was cross not because of the monkey, but because of the party.
1) irritable 2) cynical 3) boisterous 4) desperate
9. But one could see that she was beaming.
1) trembling 2) smiling with joy 3) thrilled 4) pompous
10. Instead she rummaged in her purse. In her hand appeared two bills.
1) rinsed 2) grumbled
3) searched thoroughly 4) gasped
11. He mother had been taken aback by the forwardness of the man.
1) irritated 2) lessened 3) rejected 4) surprised
12. Chances to marry had come time after time, but she had turned her back on them all.
1) accepted 2) leant 3) rejected 4) coaxed
13. In her innocence she had not noticed any change in his behavior to put her on her guard.
1) be adamant 2) be vigilant
3) be attired 4) be traumatized
14. "Then you know practically nothing about my aunt?" pursued the self-possessed young lady.
1) imminently 2) instinctively
3) nervously 4) virtually
15. Choose the one which has the closest meaning to the underlined part.
I know how it will be," his sister had said when he was preparing to migrate to this rural retreat;
1) Framton grabbed wildly at his stick and hat and made his headlong retreat.
2) A retreat is a quiet, isolated place that you go to in order to rest or to do things in private.
3) Is watching television a retreat from reality?
4) He went into retreat and tried to resolve the conflicts within himself.
16. The important piece of news that the new headmaster had arrived spread through the school. She heard of it in the women teachers' common room as she was casting a final glance at the day's lessons. There was no getting away from joining the other teachers in congratulating him, and from shaking him by the hand too. A shudder passed through her body, but it was unavoidable.
1) contentment 2) shivering 3) calmness 4) intoxication
III. [17-18] Fill in the blank space with an appropriate word. (each 1 points, 2x1=2 points)
17. She untied it and threw it away. Her moccasins were in shreds. Naked except for her bark apron, dishevelled, obsessed, she continued her hopeless (c ).
18. In crossing the moor to their favorite snipe-shooting ground they were all three engulfed in a treacherous piece of bog. It had been that dreadful (w ) summer, you know, and places that were safe in other years gave way suddenly without warning.
IV. [19-20] Identify the underlined part in English. (each 1 points, 2x1=2 points)
19. Rosaura wanted to make sure. Carefully she entered the kitchen and there she saw it: deep In thought, inside its cage. It looked so funny that the girl stood there for a while, watching it, and later, every so often, she would slip out of the party unseen and go and admire it.
20. Then one day he had been left on his own with her, her father having gone to her aunt's clinic. She had not the slightest doubts about a man she regarded as a second father. How, then, had it happened? Without love or desire on her part the thing had happened.
19. the monkey
20. the rape
|Prev ||  Rescheduled Timetable||
|  2012/04/19 |
|Next ||  Mock-exam Questions & Answers||
|  2012/04/17 |
|Copyright 1999-2022 Zeroboard / skin by lifesay|